Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Network Engineer - Onsite
at Zones Inc.
New York- Albany
When it comes to IT solution providers, there are a lot of choices. But when it comes to providers with innovative and differentiating end-to-end service offerings, there’s really only one: Zones – First Choice for IT.TM
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
Zones nfrastructure, the Services Company of Zones, is a collaborative team of more than 700 technology architects, engineers, technicians, and specialists that designs, builds, and operates IT solutions. Our focus on insight, execution, and results has helped us become the First Choice for ITTM for many of today’s top brands.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
The Associate Network Engineer is responsible to monitor both customer and internal corporate networks, including but not limited to switches, routers, and firewalls. This position will collaborate with the systems administration team on inter-connectivity to storage and backup solutions, and on-demand virtualized servers to ensure optimal performance. The Network Engineer is involved in the life-cycle of design and implementation, including documentation and trouble-shooting.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Associate Network Engineer is primarily responsible for:
- Administer and monitor ticket queues for Telecom, and Audio/Video services
- Serve as the primary contact for all manufacturing tool hookups and problem resolution
- Utilize Cisco Unified call manager to configure end users phones.
- Utilize Cisco commands to assist in configuring switches.
- Assist in troubleshooting wireless connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot conference room phone systems
- Assist in racking network equipment
- Serve as the Level 1, 2 contact for the network team, fielding issues and then escalating to L3 based on complexity
We are se eking candidates with the following experience and skills
- Recent grads will be considered. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team oriented environment
- Effective troubleshooting and creative problem solving ability
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace the challenge of ambitious objectives
- Self-motivated critical thinker with the ability to work alone or as a member of a team
- Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- 1-2 years of experience with networking equipment including switches, routers, and firewalls
- Networking certification(s) CCNA or equivalent
At Zones, we take great pride in offering a full spectrum of comprehensive, flexible benefit programs to our employees:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with matching provision
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Financial protection benefits
- Group discounts & perks
- Wellness programs
- And more
Zones is also proud to be a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Corporate Plus member of the Northwest MSDC (Minority Supplier Development Council), and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We offer employment and advancement opportunities to every applicant.
Come join our team. Let’s talk.