Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Instructor - Theatre
at Kishwaukee College
The Arts/Communications/Social Sciences Division is accepting applications for part-time instructor for confirmed Theatre classes to be offered during the Fall 2018 semester:
- Introduction to the Theatre
Responsibilities of a Kishwaukee College Adjunct Instructor include:
- Promoting the philosophy, mission, and vision of Kishwaukee College
- Providing engaging, enthusiastic, and student-centered teaching to community college students
- Establishing a professional classroom atmosphere that encourages mutual respect and civil engagement
- Contributing a collegial, collaborative and positive attitude to the college campus
- Understanding and conveying the essentials of the course discipline that students should master
- Maintaining high academic standards while demonstrating equitability and fairness
- Working successfully and productively in a team environment with full time faculty
- Performing the necessary duties of an adjunct instructor to ensure quality instruction
Please note: A complete application should include a cover letter; teaching philosophy statement, (if applying for a position in instruction); and an unofficial copy of your transcripts/licenses/or additional certifications. You may upload these documents in STEP 5 of the application process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the comprehensive community college system.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate a commitment to education and a willingness to teach courses in the College’s general education and Theatre programs. Classes are taught both during the day and evening.
- Exhibit instructional expertise to deliver instruction for 21st century learners and assess student learning outcomes as appropriate to ensure academic quality.
- Utilize a range of teaching and learning strategies to foster active learning and student success, which contributes to the fulfillment of the College’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in activities or on college committees that contribute to the success of students.
Successful candidate will need:
- Master’s degree in a related field to the subject area with 18 graduate credit hours in the discipline
- Background/reference check
- Official Transcripts
- SURS Annuitant and Loan Default Form
- SSA-1945 Form