Clough Harbour & Associates (CHA)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Instrument Person
at Clough Harbour & Associates (CHA)
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Surveying - Survey Instrument Person
CHA Consulting, Inc. is a highly diversified, full-service engineering and construction management firm working to responsibly improve the world we live in. With decades of experience, CHA brings together the talent, technology, and partnerships to meet our clients’ evolving needs. Located throughout the United States and Canada, we provide a wide range of planning and design services to public, private and institutional clients.
CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a Survey Instrument Person for our Albany, NY office.
The Survey Instrument Person is responsible for handling detailed surveying tasks. This includes basic survey computations, records research, equipment maintenance and operations. This individual will be measured on his/her flexibility and ability to complete assigned tasks. We are accepting entry level surveying candidates and experienced candidates for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the familiarity and application of the field operations, knowledge of various types of surveys, and field equipment & procedures used.
- Field note taking, data collection, plan reading, and preparation.
- Sets up and operate GPS receivers, total stations and electronic data collectors.
- Sets up 3DLS targets.
- Assists with record research, boundary, topographic, and construction surveys.
- Travels to client sites as needed.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
- High school diploma required.
- Associate's degree preferred in survey, engineering, construction, or a relatable field.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience using Microsoft Office required.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have knowledge of the surveying industry.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to meet client driven schedules.
- Ability to travel required.
- Must be able to carry equipment over rough, uneven terrain and physically navigate field.
- Ability to work outdoors in different weather conditions required.
- Valid US driver’s license required.
- Ability to travel to client sites required.
- Experience working with a consulting firm in surveying preferred.
- Strong knowledge in math, especially with trigonometry and geometry highly preferred.
- Internship that is survey associated, preferred.
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.